Sunday, November 20, 2005

jumping bean


this is one from the vaults..from 1995 to 2000 i was nesting at Richard Purdum Productions here in london,
animating and designing commercials etc,,drinking a lot of tea and getting passed strange books and cds from a mr small..(more on that fellow later..)
tiger aspect productions asked the studio to come up with character concepts for the top secret mr-bean animated show they were developing at that time.
these were a few of my designs..sort of an odd upa thing..
i continued working on commercials when this project was in the studio,but was asked to animate the dancing bean for the end credits 30 sec-one shot-fun to do.
this scene is in the animation section of my site-
click on the mr-dunn* studio link over on the right

mr-d*

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ooooh this is one of my favourite show ... too bad it's hard to find in US though

11:42 PM  
Blogger mr-dunn* said...

thanks alina-
tiger aspect are currently in production of the second series of charlie and lola-i think it is on playhouse disney in the u-s-
myself and alan kerswell are art directing(!) series 2-i will be going back to tiger after i have finished my time at 3d school-it's a fun show-
www.charlieandlola.com
see you around-
gary

1:12 AM  
Blogger Uli Meyer said...

In 1996 you were animating at my studio on 'Space Jam' and later on on 'The Duck'! Get your dates right, big fella!

3:27 AM  
Blogger mr-dunn* said...

it's this 3d thing..messing with my head.i will change it tonight-
busy with me nurbs primitives at this very moment..

gary

3:44 AM  
Blogger Cedricstudio said...

Wow, these are terrific! What a great character to design, Atkinson has such an expressive face.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Uli Meyer said...

It's all polygons! I assure you. Nurbs are for Nerds. Don't know the f**k what I'm talking about.

7:50 AM  
Blogger the doodlers said...

Hello to you Gary! I don't know if you will remember me (Arna) but in 2001 spring I was at Purdums storyboarding on Bean and sat in the same room as Alan Kerswell for six weeks. Please say hello to Alan K next time you see him! We will come back and visit your delightful blog again soon. Cheers from Canada!
Arna Selznick and John van Bruggen

7:31 PM  
Blogger mr-dunn* said...

hi arna-
sure i remember you-greetings!
alan is alive and well-and currently to be found under a mountain of scarygirl desk toys,,drawing with his left foot on charlie and lola..
i dive back in for a while after xmas-i will say hi-

1:18 AM  
Blogger Gulzar said...

Ahhh! I love it here….your blog n you works…
I used to see Mr. Bean everynight here at my place on cartoon network. Loved the way you guys did the job…you all really got Rowans Atkins true image on the cartoon show…all his gestures are so true to nature…
Keep up the good effort…

4:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home